- Is mise Deirdre! I live in Drumcondra, Dublin with my husband, our young daughter, and our cat. I started Hoopla Focal to celebrate our Irish language and the cúpla focal that most of us have. It was also a way of getting back in touch with my creative side after having my daughter. I hand stitch every item in my home.
How it Works
- It's simple! Just choose your size and colour. Choose your thread colour. Then type in your text. But please ensure that you type your text correctly (including capital letters, spacing, fáda, and grammar) as I will embroider your text exactly as you submit it.
- I write all text by hand directly onto the item, so even if you choose the same colours and text as someone else, your order will always be unique.
- There is a 25 character limit on the bespoke sweatshirts and tote bags, and 15 characters on make up bags.
- I don't check translations, so please be sure you're happy with your text before you submit it.
- If you would like more than one colour thread, just let me know at checkout. Any colour combinations are possible!
- When shopping online, I find choosing the right size is about more than just measurements. So I’ve included some style and sizing info along with the size chart below.
- The sweatshirts are raglan style and unisex. The cuff around the neck is thinner than around the sleeves and hem, so the neck sits comfortably without being restrictive. Sweatshirts are made from 60% recycled cotton and 40% recycled polyester. They’re lovely and soft and the inside is slightly fleecy. There is very little stretch in them, so they hold their shape really well. Please make sure you check the size chart before ordering. A good strategy is to measure a favourite sweatshirt you already own.
- T-shirts are unisex regular fit. They're made from beautifully soft 100% organic combed cotton (cut-offs from the t-shirts are used to make the sweatshirts!).
- The unisex sizes correspond to the following UK women's sizes:
XS 8-10, S 10-12, M 12-14, L 14-16, XL 16-18, 2XL 18-20, 3XL 20-22, 4XL 22-24, 5XL 24-26
Shipping and delivery
Please note: Covid-19 restrictions may cause unexpected and unavoidable delays. Please check that your country is accepting international post before ordering.
All items are handmade to order. Please allow 2-3 weeks for dispatch.
All orders are sent via An Post with tracking.
- Ireland: €6
Ireland: 1-2 workings days from date of dispatch
- International: 3-7 working days from date of dispatch
If you have any queries, contact me at email@example.com
- As all items are custom made, I don’t provide for returns. This does not affect your statutory rights. If there is a fault or issue with your item, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can rectify it for you.
- If you would like to discuss your design before ordering, or if you have any queries, please email me at email@example.com. If you’d like to share the story behind your cúpla focal, I’d love to hear it!